Happy Manufacturing Week – It’s so popular in Lafayette, Indiana that we focus on it for an entire week! Recently Leading Edge Industrial took place in the Manufacturing Expo at Ivy Tech University. We are excited to take part in this celebration of modern manufacturing that’s meant to inspire the next generation of skilled workers.
The manufacturing industry has a huge impact on the United States, providing 18.5 million jobs. Our home of Indiana also has the highest percentage of manufacturing employees (#INDYMFG) and that is definitely worth celebrating!
Manufacturing accounts take up 12% of the U.S. economy. That, among other things, makes it an extremely relevant and important field in this modern time. This week, let’s focus on inspiring and supporting our future manufacturers and engineers. We are looking forward to sharing our products and ideas with fellow manufacturers, educators, and more!
Instructional YouTube Videos
We are proud to offer a wide variety of tools and materials to help our clients learn our top-of-the-line software. We don’t want our relationship with clients to be based solely on supply-and-demand. We want to help you succeed! Our YouTube videos are an extremely useful tool upon which we focus heavily. We feel that by creating videos we provide a resource that can be utilized again and again.
A first look at our new machine controller software:
LEAD (Learning, Education, And Development) Controller
Below, we’ve compiled a few screenshots from one of our upcoming instructional YouTube videos so that you can get a glimpse of what our newly released machine controller software looks like and how our videos can help you learn to use it!
- This is what the program will look like when you first start it. A lot of the on-screen clutter found within other machine controllers has been removed to make the program more intuitive and user-friendly, while still maintaining the look and functionality of an industrial machine controller. The LEAD controller is divided into thirds – the left side of the controller displays the machine coordinate system (MCS) and work coordinate system (WCS), the middle of the controller features our program display, and the right side of the controller displays current machine settings and machine control overrides.
- The screenshot below is our jogging window. You will have the ability to change the resolution your machine moves just like a full-sized industrial machine. When using the controller for operation with our HX710 Turning Center, only the “X” and “Z” axis buttons are properly placed and displayed.
- Here is our MDI (manual data input) window. This feature gives the operator full functionality of the machine at their fingertips.
Additional features found within our controller software:
- Real-time feed rate, spindle, and rapid movement control overrides
- We now have tool changes!
- Ability to switch between five machine workpiece coordinate systems
- User-friendly WCS (work coordinate system) setup
- Password-protected machine settings prevents unauthorized machine tampering
- And More!
Our software can be quickly and easily explained through our helpful YouTube videos. As stated previously, it is important to us that we provide assistance in utilizing our products successfully. When you decide to work with us, we want to see you take our products and soar. You’re not just a faceless client – but a valued partner. Let us help you!